Last Revised: 04/01/2022
Zubie, Inc. (“Zubie”) exists to help our clients, no matter what size, to have access to Telematics power. Zubie has powerful fleet management tools like 24/7 GPS tracking, vehicle health and maintenance, driver performance, and driver check-in and more.
This Privacy Notice tells you about your privacy rights and sets out how we, as a controller, collect, use, process and disclose your personal data relating to your interactions with the Zubie.com and corresponding websites (the Websites), which are owned and operated by the Zubie Inc.
We take great care of any information that you give us, and in the following paragraphs we set out how any personal information you give us is treated.
Information You Submit
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We only collect information that we will use for the purposes set out in this policy.
- Contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address
- Through forms, for example requesting a quote
- By sending us emails and text messages (SMS or MMS);
- By adding posts, reviews and other comments to the Websites, any mobile phone applications, or other community forums;
- By interacting with us on social media platforms (such as Facebook or LinkedIn);
- By speaking to us over the telephone; or
- By registering accounts on the Websites or any mobile phone applications, including setting up passwords and preferred user names, contact details, account details, your preferences and interests.
If you do not provide us with your personal data we may not be able to provide you with our services, products or respond to any questions or requests you submit to us via our Website.
Information We Collect about you
- Information on what you search for, view, click on and access in and through the Websites, our marketing emails and text messages (SMS or MMS). We may collect the time and geographic location of your device when you do so. This information may also include where you came to the Websites from, and where you went when you left it. We also track how often you visit and use the Websites. We do this through the use of email and website cookies.
- Technical information about the devices you use to access the Websites. We collect each device’s unique identifying code (MAC address), relevant IP address, operating system and version, web browser and version, and geographic location.
- Your social media content (where this is in the public domain) and any messages you send us via social media. This information can include posts, comments, pictures and video (see paragraph 4 for more information).
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
How We Use Your Information
We will only use your personal data for the purposes set below
- To provide you with the Website, which requires a certain amount of technical information to be collected in order to work properly.
- To power security measures and related services relating to your access to the Website for example to enable us to recognize your username and password and reset these if you forget them.
- To enable you to order products from us on the Website, which again requires a certain amount of personal data to be collected, for example your payment card details so we can take payment and the products you buy so we can provide you with an invoice and receipt.
- To enable us to run competitions and offers for which you have signed up, about which we need to be able to communicate with you.
- To gather feedback from you about the Website, our products, other services and activities from time to time. We may invite you to provide this feedback on occasion, for example by emailing you to ask if you would like to review a product you have bought. We may use independent research and feedback providers to do so on our behalf.
- To contact you from time to time about things you have told us you want to hear about, for example our products, news, offers, new competitions and sponsored events.
- To respond to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have raised with us.
- To respond to any social media posts or other public comments you make where these are made to or about us, the Website, our products, services or other activities.
- To perform any contract we have entered into with you but also to enforce a contract against you if you do not honor it, including seeking to collect any debts that you may owe us.
- To gather statistics about how you and other people use the Website, and what you think of our adverts, offers, news, product information, competitions, sponsored events, social media and other digital content. We then analyze these statistics to understand if these things meet most people’s needs, or if they should be improved, and if so, what design or other changes (for example, around the nature and timing of communications) would be most beneficial for our customers and our business.
- To monitor use of the Website to see if it is being abused or threatened for example by people posting inappropriate comments in review areas or by potential hackers looking to undermine their security.
- To protect you and our business against any other criminal behavior, including identity theft and fraud.
- To understand you better and, in particular, your habits, your location from time to time and your personal circumstances.
- To enable us and our third party service providers to plan and manage our day-to-day business and related services as effectively as possible, for example in predicting likely sales volumes of each product, so we can try and make sure we have enough stock to meet likely demand.
- To enable us to understand what our customer and user base looks like across our business. We do this by combining your information with information about our other customers and users of the Website, so we can spot trends and common factors.
- To enable us to conduct focused market research based on trends that we identify, which we can then use to further improve our products and services for all our customers.
- In the process of anonymizing your information so that you are no longer identifiable to us.
- To test new systems and processes as we roll them out to make sure they work and will meet the high expectations we set for ourselves.
- To assist us in the development of new products and services over time, for example to gauge whether a new product is likely to appeal to a large proportion of our customer base.
- To analyze whether the money we spend on advertising on trade publications and trade websites, online and in search engines represents good value.
Who do we share information with
We cannot run our business or provide many of our services and benefits without involving other people and businesses and sometimes we pass your information to these other people and businesses as set out below. We only share your information where we can do so in accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations. We share the information we collect with:
- Other people and businesses who help us provide the Websites, and related services to you, for example, information technology companies who design and host the Websites and payment services companies who enable you to use payment cards with us.
- Advertiser and advertising networks which require the data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advert to that target audience.
- Third parties who in our reasonable opinion make a claim that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- Analytics and search engine providers who assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Websites.
- Our insurers and insurance brokers where required in order for us to be able to obtain insurance against risks we face in running our business. They may retain this information for the purpose of ongoing risk assessment and insurance broking and underwriting services.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- The prospective buyer of any part of our business or assets that we may sell.
- Our professional advisers for example our lawyers, accountants and technology consultants when they need it to provide advice to us.
- The police, local authorities, the courts and any other central or local government bodies where they request it and we may lawfully disclose it, for example for the prevention and detection of crime.
- Other people who make a subject access request to us, where we are allowed to do so by law
As we continue to develop our business, we may buy or sell businesses or assets. In such transactions, confidential customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. In the event of a transaction involving the sale of some or all of our businesses, customer and site visitor information may be one of the transferred assets and may be disclosed in connection with negotiations relating to a proposed transaction. In such case, the transferred information may become subject to a different privacy notice.
Social Media, Blogs, Reviews, and Similar Services
Any posts or comments you make to us on social media will be shared under the terms of the relevant social media platform (for example, Facebook or LinkedIn) on which they are made and could be made public by that platform. These platforms are controlled by other people, not us, so we are not responsible for this sharing. You should review the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the social media platforms you use to ensure you understand how they will use your information, what information relating to you they will place in the public domain and how you can stop them from doing so if you are unhappy about it.
Any blog, review or other posts or comments you make about us, our products and services on any of our blog, review or user community services will be shared with all other members of that service and the public at large.
You should ensure that any comments you make on these services, and on social media in general, are fit to be read by the public, and in particular are not offensive or defamatory. You are responsible for ensuring that any comments you make comply with any relevant policy on acceptable use of those services.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We have implemented measures designed to protect your information from accidental loss and unauthorized access and disclosure. You should be aware, however, that Zubie has no control over the security of other websites or applications that you might visit or use even when a link to those websites or applications is available in or through the Service. If you share your computer or wireless device or use a computer or wireless device that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close the app and/or web browser when you have finished your session. This will help to ensure that others cannot access your information.
We want you to feel confident using the Service. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your information or other communications always will remain secure. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your personal information, we will notify you if reasonably possible and as reasonably necessary so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may notify you under such circumstances using the e-mail address we have on record for you. You should also take care with how you handle and disclose your personal information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s Web site for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Users from Outside the United States
In accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations, we will only retain your information for as long as we need it to achieve the purpose(s) for which we obtained it in the first place, as required by law, and for the exercise or defense of legal claims. We will then either securely delete it or anonymize it so that it cannot be linked back to you
Managing your Information
It is very important to us that all the information we hold about you remains accurate and up to date to reduce the risk of a misunderstanding. We need your help in doing so. If you have an online account with us, please ensure that the information (for example, contact information) you provide to us through that account remains accurate and up to date. Please review and update it regularly.
You have several rights in relation to your personal data under applicable privacy and data protection law, which may be subject to certain limitations and restrictions. Depending on your country of residence or domicile, you may have other legal rights over the information we collect from you and your devices. We will honor all such legal rights.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. We will respond to any valid requests within the time periods required by applicable privacy and data protection law.
Notice to California Customers
Subject to certain limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you may ask us to provide you with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to certain third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (ii) the identity of certain third parties that received personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Make sure to state that you are a California Resident.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. While the United States Federal Trade Commission has endorsed DNT, our Website does not support DNT codes.
Scope of Notice
This notice applies to personal information we collect about California residents both online and offline. It applies to California residents who are users of our site; our customers; individuals inquiring about our products; and all other California residents from whom we collect personal information.
As defined in the CCPA, personal information includes any information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked to a California resident or household. It includes, but is not limited to: identifiers, characteristics of protected classes, commercial information, biometrics, internet or electronic information, geolocation data, audio/visual or similar information, employment and educational information, and inferences drawn from any identifiable information. Personal information does not include publicly available information from a public government record.
This notice does not apply to information that is exempt from CCPA disclosure requirements. This includes personal information of individuals acting in their capacity as representatives of our customers, prospective customers, vendors, and other businesses that we conduct business with to the extent the information is collective with respect to a business-to-business transaction or business relationship. This disclosure also does not apply to individuals who are not California residents, any personal information exempted under Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.145, or any other personal information not contemplated in the CCPA.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) grants State of California residents the following rights, to:
- Know what personal information is being collected about them;
- Know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- Say no to the sale of their personal information;
- Access their personal information;
- Have their personal information deleted (subject to certain exceptions); and
- Have the right to equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights under this law.
The CCPA also provides that if a company has a privacy notice that allows you to opt-out or opt-in to the use of your personal information by third parties (such as advertisers or affiliated companies) for marketing purposes, the company may instead provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options.
If you are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise your third-party disclosure choices you must send a request by email or postal mail to the address below.
Address for California Privacy Requests
8120 Penn Avenue S
Bloomington, MN 55431
Please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by fax. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
Links to Other Websites and Applications
This site and app contain links to other websites and applications for your convenience and information. These websites and applications may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites and applications, including those operated by Zubie, may have their own privacy notices, which we strongly recommend you review if you visit them or use them. We are not responsible for the content of any websites or applications that we do not control, nor are we responsible for any use of those websites or applications or the privacy practices of those websites or applications.
How to Contact Us
8120 Penn Avenue S
Bloomington, MN 55431