Position: Sr. Software Engineer
Zubie, the leading connected car company, is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer
Zubie is an IoT, connected-car services, telematics, and data insights leader based in Bloomington, MN. Zubie powers businesses with real-time information about vehicles and drivers. Its solutions are built to support the automotive, insurance, and fleet industries, as well as small businesses and consumers.
Zubie is expanding its development team. We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who will share responsibility for our cloud-based back-end (primarily using Python on Google App Engine). As a Sr. Software Engineer you will work closely with the Sr. Director of Product and the VP of Engineering on business and technical requirements to support the delivery of an optimized platform for Zubie customers. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision and take the lead on operational and technical projects. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Proven experience as a Sr. Software Engineer
- Extensive experience (8+ years) in software development, scripting, and project management, preferably in a high-growth environment
- Knowledge of Python, Java, and other programming languages
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB); experience with Google App Engine (and Datastore) is a plus
- Experience working with consumer-facing application/product is a plus
- Experience in telematics, connected-car, or IoT programs and platforms is a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, etc.) or equivalent experience is required
Responsibilities and key measures of success:
- Architect, design, and develop high-quality software
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools, applications, and APIs by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix bugs and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies, patterns, and practices
The role will receive a competitive base salary and an annual bonus opportunity. Full benefits, including health, dental, 401K.
Email email@example.com to apply.