Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer
Zubie is an IoT, connected car services, telematics, and data insights leader based in Bloomington, MN. Zubie powers businesses with real-time information about vehicles and drivers. Its solutions are tailored for the rental, automotive, insurance, and fleet industries, as well as small businesses and consumers.
Zubie is hiring a Full Stack Engineer to help build the next generation of connected car tools. The Full Stack Engineer will share responsibility for coding our cloud-based back-end (primarily using Python and Node.js) and front-end apps (currently mostly using AngularJS with the intent to move to a more modern framework). The Full Stack Engineer is capable of building an end-to-end product experience from database schema design to the appropriate front-end architecture. The Full Stack Engineer is expected to work closely with the Sr. Director of Product and the VP of Engineering to mediate between business and technical requirements to support the delivery of an optimized platform for Zubie customers. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision and take the lead on operational and technical projects. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Architect, design, and develop high-quality software
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools, applications, and APIs by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix bugs and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies, patterns, and practices
- Proven experience as a Sr. Full Stack Engineer
- Extensive experience (6+ years) in software development, scripting, and project management, preferably in a high-growth environment
- Knowledge of Node.js, Python, and front-end development. Experience with AngularJS, modern front-end frameworks, and other programming languages like Go and Java is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB); experience with Google App Engine (and Datastore) is a plus
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks
- Experience working with consumer-facing application/product is a plus
- Experience in telematics, connected-car, or IoT programs and platforms is a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, etc.) or equivalent experience is required
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.