Zubie is an IoT, connected-car services, telematics, and data insights leader. Based in Bloomington, MN, Zubie powers business enterprises with real-time information about vehicles and drivers. Its solutions are tailored for the fleet, rental, automotive, and insurance industries, and small businesses.
Zubie is excited to be expanding its salesforce to meet the rapidly growing demand for Zubie Rental Connect – our flagship product that serves the vehicle rental and dealer loaner market. The Director of Business Development will work exclusively in this segment to grow Zubie’s market share, subscriber growth and revenue. The successful candidate must have a strong and structured work ethic and be incredibly adept at communicating at all levels of an organization. The role is a remote position and will require occasional travel to prospects and industry events.
The candidate should have a strong background in automotive, telematics and sales. Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently are critical. Demonstrated sales success is a must and will be held accountable for consistently increasing revenue through the generation of new business
Directly responsible for daily contact with rental operators, follow up on aggressive email campaigns, while selling value, differentiating our services, and positioning Zubie as the preferred choice. The Director of Business Development will have monthly goals related to activity such as contacts, quantity and initiated pilot programs with prospective rental clients.
The Director of Business Development will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and offers a competitive base salary and an uncapped commission plan based on production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, engage, and educate prospects about company’s products & services
- Maintaining a pipeline of 3-4x quota
- Building relationships with decision-makers and influencers
- Assessing the needs and pain points of prospective customers
- Conducting demonstrations of our software
- Representing the company at industry events
- Report on funnel activity, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly
- Achieving sales revenue goals and activity goals on a monthly basis
- Diligently document status of all communication activity within HubSpot
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent education and work-related experience
- Minimum 5 years proven performance in sales
- Significant number of existing relationships in the Rental Car, Truck and Dealer Loaner industry
- Deep understanding of industry dynamics (e.g. Rental Operators, Car Dealerships Dealer Loaner)
- Proven success in cold calling, prospecting for new business, following up on leads, securing new client accounts and developing solid business relationships is required
- A track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- A passion for relationship-driven selling
- Unwavering business ethics – You treat people with respect, keep commitments, and earn the trust of others
- Superior communication and collaboration skills with ability to build rapport across organization with peers, managers, and customers
- Must be self-motivated, self-accountable and focus on constant learning and self-development
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and make prudent decisions in a quick and timely manner
- Strong team engagement abilities
- Working knowledge of CRM and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Zubie offers a dynamic, fun environment, on-the-job growth opportunities, competitive earnings, and a comprehensive benefits package.